MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to make portal page show first post of specific threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have isntalled pro portal and xthreads. i would rather if i get an explanation for pro portal as its a billion times easier to understand. if not i will appreciate an explanation for xthreads nevertheless. i want it to look exactly like this

http://www.fanaticmodz.com/
i need this support too

like i only want threads from (news and announcement) to show on portal
there is already a setting for the portal / proportal to get latest thread content from specific forums

portal :
admin panel >> configuration >> (settings) >> Portal Settings --> Forum ID to pull announcements from

proportal :
admin panel >> proportal >> Portal Settings --> Forum ID to pull announcements from

do not get confused by word announcements - it is actually threads !
(2013-08-10, 04:20 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]there is already a setting for the portal / proportal to get latest thread content from specific forums

portal :
admin panel >> configuration >> (settings) >> Portal Settings --> Forum ID to pull announcements from

proportal :
admin panel >> proportal >> Portal Settings --> Forum ID to pull announcements from

do not get confused by word announcements - it is actually threads !

oh yes it worked. thanks a billion times for this man. something so simple yet so great. Big Grin

ok i have a slight problem. on the portal page. the latest thread box for pro portal looks completely different than the default portal latest thread box. is it possible to edit this box to make it look like the default latest thread box?
ok this is what im talking about. the first image is the portal (generated by pro portal) and the second image is in on the index page (generated by advance sideboxes)

i want the "latest threads" on the portal page to look exactly like the "latest threads" on the index page.

thanks in advance your your helpShy

also how to delete the duplicate "latest threads" heading on the index page?
anybody??????
^ see if the attachment at below post satisfies your requirement
http://community.mybb.com/thread-143410-...pid1028173
thanks. it did help but how do i remove the extra "latest threads" header box?
^ can we have your forum url to check it
.m. just wanted to know where we can get proportal. Is it still supported for mybb 1.6.10
Pages: 1 2