MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to install plugins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I've just installed myBB and some security plugins.
I've read the docs where it says: "Upload the plugin file (which should be in the format: pluginname.php)" but what about all the other files in the zips?
I've searched but cannot find any further info.

Thanks, PinkStar
plugin archive might consist of a text file which should tell installing procedure.
in general, we have to follow folder structure used in the plugin archive. see replies here
I always read the ReadMe.txt but for example in StopForumSpam there are more than 1 file and no text file, but a .md file I wasn't able to open properly.
But it appears to be installed correctly and I was able to config it.
I just found it a bit confusing and just wanted to make sure I did it correctly so that it works.

Thanks, PinkStar
^ oh, .md file is not related to the plugin.
It came with the download. I renamed it to readme.txt and was able to open it and it is the textfile as it explains the features. I assume the creator just saved it in a different format.
Just hard to read when there are no linebreaks and just a wall of text.

Thanks, PinkStar
^ I'd suggest to use a code editor (eg. notepad++) to view / modify the files.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Could use some advice: I have downloaded another plugin that also names the folder to upload to just Upload. Will it cause problems if I rename them? Or how else do you keep the new folder from overwriting the existing one with the same name?

Thank you,
PinkStar
^ can you give link of that plugin ? in general, we do not upload plugin files to "upload" folder.
Sorry if I was unclear. The folder Upload is suppose to be uploaded to the root. But I already have another plugin with that same foldername in the root.
If they all name the folder Upload instead of the name of the plugin, how do we prevent them from all being uploaded into one and the same folder?

Thank you
PinkStar
^ please see replies here once again. I do not remember any plugin using a folder named "upload".
the contents of that 'upload' folder needs to be uploaded not the folder itself.
Pages: 1 2