MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change default template and updated templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I've just installed myBB and installed some templates. None of them worked fully with my version 1.6.10 and had broken images. Not knowing if there were other issues I uninstalled them.
Is there a workaround for this issue?

Something I noticed when downloading the templates is that the actual folder to upload have names like Uploads or Images - that will conflict or make it difficult to identify.
Can the upload folder be renamed?

I was looking to just change the colour scheme of the default template but didn't find a quick way to just change css. Did I miss something?

Thanks, PinkStar
Thank you but I did install a couple of nice, pink themes, but as I said they didn't work properly and had broken images. And as stated in that thread you linked to the templates are outdated and don't work so I assume there are no workaround.

When I click on template > default > options > edit theme I was hoping for a quick way to just change the colours. But I cannot find it. Searching the docs I only found Changing templates but that didn't help either.
So there are no such feature?

Thanks, PinkStar
^ images folder of a theme needs to be uploaded to images folder of MyBB files server.

for eg. if you are installing a theme named darkfusion then its package consists of a images folder
named "darkfusion" - that folder should be uploaded to ./images folder of your MyBB files server.

theme's css style sheets need to be modified to change the colors of a theme.
I missed that as the textfile only states who made the template and the folder is just named Upload. I thought the xml file just pointed to the Upload file.

I re-did it by opening the folder Upload and in the Images folder upload the folder with all the images to the Image folder - and it worked! Now I have a nice pink forum.

Thank you so much for pointing out the obvious hehehe
PinkStar