MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to set threat options to classic layout.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm a new user of MyBB 1.6. So here is the issue I encounter currently: Annoyed by the horizontal post layout (the post's author infos above the post), I set to "Display posts using the classic layout" in the admin cp, "Show thread options". But somehow, although I saved settings nothing has changed. What should I do?
By the way, I use the Apart leaf theme for my forum.
Log into your adminCP, go into configuration, settings, an then "Show Thread Options". An you can set it there.

Also, you may have to set it for your profile, by default its set as horizontal.
Quote: Log into your adminCP, go into configuration, settings, an then "Show Thread Options". An you can set it there.
Thanks, but I already did that as explained in my first message.
I created a test user but by default it is not set as classic, so I wonder if as the admin, I can set the classic layout as default for all users.
By default when you first install MyBB, horizontal is the default layout. If you didn't change that before any of the previous users registered then they may have to set it manually via their userCP. By setting the layout as classic now will be the default for any new registering members an so on. So if your previous users don't like the horizontal layout that was set as default from the beginning then yes i believe they may have to change it via UserCP. But setting it as classic now will make it default for any new members who register. Hope this answers your question somewhat.
you can use force postbit layout plugin to enforce the required layout set at the admin panel
plugin doesn't has settings. just activate it and check the posts layout at the threads