MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I find the root to upload PHP for plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There shouldn't be any folder called incplugins. There should be a folder called inc and within that folder there should be a folder (sub-folder) called plugins thus the path is .inc/plugins.

Why don't you do this. Log in to your file manager and do the following:

1. Extract inc/plugins from the zip then in your file manager go to public_html/inc/plugins and upload rssfeedposter.php
2. Extract inc/tasks from the zip then in your file manager go to public_html/inc/tasks and upload rssfeedposter.php (The one you extracted from tasks)
3. Extract the English language files and upload them to the .inc/languages/english

Then go to ACP>Configuration>Plugins

P.S: There are two rssfeedposter.php files and they both seem to contain different scripts so be careful of what you are uploading.
Created the folder incplugins under the folder forum.batr.net

rssfeedposter.php inside incplugins

The good news is that RSS Feed Poster (1.5)
Auto creates posts from RSS feeds at specified intervals
Created by vbgamer45
- now appears in plugins in the dashboard. Have a button to activate. However, I get the error:
/home/forumbat/forum.batr.net/inc/languages/english/admin/rssfeedposter.lang.php does not exist

Ideas?

(2013-08-11, 10:12 PM)batr Wrote: [ -> ]The folder needed to be named .incplugins (would not accept .inc/plugins)

Uploaded rssfeedposter.php into the folder /home/forumbat/.incplugins

Nothing changed in dashboad on MyBB.

What next? Again it looks like the rssfeedposter.php is extracted from the zip.

Sorry for being such a pest, just don't have the drill down yet. However, making progress because of all the help.

(2013-08-11, 09:41 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]If it was a plugin then it should have been uploaded to .inc/plugins
You need to upload rssfeedposter.lang.php to .inc/languages/english/admin after extracting it from the downloaded zip.
Confirm that rssfeedposter.php (do not understand why .lang is part of the file you cite) is now in languages/english/admin
Still get the same error in dashboad plugins

Now the same rssfeedposter.php is in the folder - incplugins
- that I created earlier. I can delete it if necessary, but your instructions are complete.

What do you recommend?
Download teamviewer and send me a message with your teamviewer ID and password.
Ok 1st now you know cpanel and filemanegar so open filemanegar
IMPORTANT
/home/forumbat/forum.batr.net[<-- thats your forum root]
PLUGIN-INSTALL
Download plugin that you want to install
eg:rss-feed-poster-by-vbgamer45
after download you have to extract the zip file
eg: in rss feed poster you see inc subfolder
just extract that (inc) folder
after make zip that (inc) folder
NOW OPEN CPANEL-FILEMANEGAR
Now go to
/home/forumbat/forum.batr.net
just upload that zipped (inc) folder there
JUST INFO
That folder (inc) is in folder manner so that get their position automatically
NOW IN MYBB-ADMINCP
Go to plugins tab and you see
eg:rss-feed-poster there just activate it
AND
YOUR DONE
Forum is now offline. Getting the message:
Fatal error: Call to a member function add_hook() on a non-object in /home/forumbat/forum.batr.net/inc/languages/rssfeedposter.php on line 19

(2013-08-11, 11:07 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Download teamviewer and send me a message with your teamviewer ID and password.

Just reached Maia host. They fixed the error and the forum is back online. However, the RSS plugin no longer appears in the dashboard.

I'm available for teamviewer when you are.

(2013-08-12, 06:54 PM)batr Wrote: [ -> ]Forum is now offline. Getting the message:
Fatal error: Call to a member function add_hook() on a non-object in /home/forumbat/forum.batr.net/inc/languages/rssfeedposter.php on line 19

(2013-08-11, 11:07 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Download teamviewer and send me a message with your teamviewer ID and password.
Problem Solved. Batr was uploading all the files on root of the forum instead of uploading them to the instructed directories. Batr mistakenly created a folder on the root of their forum called incplugins where they were uploading the plugin file only as they were unaware that their MyBB copy already has the includes directory. On teamviewer, I have uploaded the files to the directories they belong to and activate the plugin for them.
Pages: 1 2