MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgraded but doesnt show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I finally upgraded from 1.6.6 to 1.6.10... or I thought I did, but it doesnt show.

I downloaded the 6.10 version, I uploaded all the files, overwriting the old files, then I went to the install dir, I selected what version I was upgrading from, I walk through that process but in the end, my forum still says I am on 1.6.6..

Is this a common problem?
I don't think this is a common issue as I never noticed anyone with this problem. Anyways, did you try clearing your cache?

Open CMD and type in ipconfig/flushdns then hit enter (Windows Only).
After that, clear your browsing history and all caches from browser and restart the browser.

Go to ACP and on the dashboard hard refresh couple of times. To hard refresh hold CTRL and tap F5
Ok i tried all the refreshing methods but no result.

I found something weird now, I re-uploaded the install dir from the 1.6.10 zipfile and went to my install dir, and it now says ' upgrade to 1.6.6"
Why does it do that?
I actually removed the whole install dir and reupped it from the 1.6.10 zipfile.

*Edit*
Ok, nevermind that, I forgot the dropdown was a page further, lol.

*Edit2*

Ok this doesnt make sense, in the end it says

Upgrade Complete

Congratulations, your copy of MyBB has successfully been updated to 1.6.6.

So its still 1.6.6..
I'll just continue with this version I guess.
(2013-08-12, 05:19 PM)ChellSpecker Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i tried all the refreshing methods but no result.

I found something weird now, I re-uploaded the install dir from the 1.6.10 zipfile and went to my install dir, and it now says ' upgrade to 1.6.6"
Why does it do that?
I actually removed the whole install dir and reupped it from the 1.6.10 zipfile.

*Edit*
Ok, nevermind that, I forgot the dropdown was a page further, lol.

*Edit2*

Ok this doesnt make sense, in the end it says

Upgrade Complete

Congratulations, your copy of MyBB has successfully been updated to 1.6.6.

So its still 1.6.6..

are you 100% sure you uploaded 1.6.10 files to your server ?
Quote:So its still 1.6.6..

I have to advise against that. Your forum is vulnerable to exploitation if you don't.

Are you sure you overwrote all the files correctly? If you open ./inc/class_core.php, does the version show as "1.6.6"?