MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Captcha not displayed on registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I've recently installed mybb on my website, however, when you go to the registration page, me and my friends can't seem to view the captcha.

This is my second install and I still have the error.

Any suggestions?
Check what option do you have at: ACP » Settings » General Configuration » CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting

If you have no Captcha, you can enabled it by using default MyBB Captcha or can use reCaptcha.
Thanks, the mybb captcha didn't seem to work.
Make sure that captcha is on in mybb settings
admincp>Configuration>Settings>General Configuration>CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting
2nd if thats on then open your member_register templete and add
{$regimage}
there like this
{$hiddencaptcha}
</table>
</fieldset>
{$requiredfields}
{$referrer}
{$regimage}

Oops late reply
(2013-08-14, 06:44 PM)[CG]Rhys Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, the mybb captcha didn't seem to work.

Then you can use Google reCaptcha.

You’ll need your recAPTCHA public and private keys which you can get easily here. And after getting them fill the public and private keys at above setting in your ACP.
I got the key's from my reCaptcha account but when a user registers and enter the reCaptcha correctly it tells them they haven't entered the code correctly.

I've tried to do this several times myself and the problem is still there.

I've also checked the member_register template and {$regimage} is already there, but the image still doesn't show.
(2013-08-14, 07:28 PM)[CG]Rhys Wrote: [ -> ]I got the key's from my reCaptcha account but when a user registers and enter the reCaptcha correctly it tells them they haven't entered the code correctly.

I've tried to do this several times myself and the problem is still there.

I've also checked the member_register template and {$regimage} is already there, but the image still doesn't show.

I too observed the same. Can you check back with your keys whether they are correctly copied to respective places in your ACP?
I've checked the codes and their right, I have even re-copied them in.

Maybe ill just find a mod to stop spam bots instead of using the captcha.

First time using mybb instead of phpbb and it hasn't been the best experience.
(2013-08-14, 07:40 PM)[CG]Rhys Wrote: [ -> ]I've checked the codes and their right, I have even re-copied them in.

Maybe ill just find a mod to stop spam bots instead of using the captcha.

First time using mybb instead of phpbb and it hasn't been the best experience.

If you want, I can give a try. PM me your ACP details.
As much as it wouldn't matter being a new forum, I would prefer not to give out my password.

I think Ill just wait for my friend to come online. His the one who likes mybb, I'm a phpbb person.
Pages: 1 2