MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB on Hurry [1.8] Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB on Hurry [1.8] Issue

Simply without blah blah blah

why mybb developer is on hurry? why did they made 1.8 before 1.7?
if they wait until 1.6 version to end they will have a big space to develop the 1.7 and bigger space to think for best features of 1.8 for the best idea fror 1.9 to got the best ideas and best time to release the 2.0 but mybb is hurry, why? mybb 1.8 doesnt have that awesome option i can see 1.6.10 is best than 1.8, its only the good changes was the theme, if developer didnt make 1.8 so early its gonna be awesome in future

i dont want fight or im not disrespecting to mybb team but thats just my opinion

and thanks
all respect to mybb users and staff team
Xbat
Hurry? It's already way behind the release time they wanted.

1.7 is the development version of 1.8. Just as 1.5 was for 1.6. http://docs.mybb.com/Versions.html
1.8 is under development. They released it to those who are interested in finding bugs and vulnerabilities and reporting them to MyBB so they can fix the issues. They are also looking for suggestions on 1.8
Quote:why mybb developer is on hurry? why did they made 1.8 before 1.7?

There is no 1.7 release, just like there wasn't a 1.5 release. Minor releases are even numbers, e.g. 1.4, 1.6, 1.8, and beta releases are odd numbers, e.g. 1.5, 1.7.

Quote:if they wait until 1.6 version to end they will have a big space to develop the 1.7 and bigger space to think for best features of 1.8 for the best idea fror 1.9 to got the best ideas and best time to release the 2.0 but mybb is hurry, why?

We have both a public and internal roadmap of features for 1.8. As we've stated many times, 1.8 is only minor release with a new theme and a handful of new features.

I'm not even sure if a 1.9 will exist. It seems more likely we'll release 2.0 rcs/betas as 2.0 RC1, 2.0 Beta 1, etc. as to separate it from the 1.x series completely.

We're certainly not rushing it. The idea of having a 1.8 series was in the minds of the developers since late 2011 and we're still in the Alpha stages. That said, 1.8 will be a lot more stable and secure than the 1.6 series. 1.6 lacks certain features and contains certain issues which have no place in modern software so getting it out there as soon as possible isn't a bad thing.

Quote:mybb 1.8 doesnt have that awesome option i can see 1.6.10 is best than 1.8, its only the good changes was the theme, if developer didnt make 1.8 so early its gonna be awesome in future

I'm guessing you haven't been keeping up the development because if the only good thing about 1.8 was a new theme, it would be a waste of my time developing it.
well, as mybb developers want i dont have any right to tell them what to do
i love mybb its very useful forum software and its awesome.
lol....keep telling yourself that