MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trouble with new mybb website. Just installed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone. First post here. Just installed mybb on Hostgator last night. The forum will not let me register and if it does it kicks me out and always treats me as a guest. I cannot access the back at all. It does not know me as an administrator. Ive been searching for the problem on this board and everything points to the cookie setting. Thats fine but I cannot access the back to change the settings.
My website www.horsepowerx.com is just sitting there. I am SO frustrated. Please help.

Thanks,

Kurt
I have read this but I have no clue on how to do this.

"If your cookie settings are wrong, you probably won't be able to change them in the ACP as you may not be able to stay logged in. If this is the case, in order to change them, find a way to open and edit ./inc/settings.php (via FTP or a file manager) and edit the new values into the file. The settings you need to find/change in ./inc/settings.php are:"
Edit your inc/setting.php in your COMPUTER. (line no. 65 - 67 for cookies). Save and upload through FTP and replace the old.

Then clear your browser cookies, open the forum in browser and hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) few times and try login.
(2013-08-16, 12:26 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Edit your inc/setting.php in your COMPUTER. (line no. 65 - 67 for cookies). Save and upload through FTP and replace the old.

Then clear your browser cookies, open the forum in browser and hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) few times and try login.

Thanks guys for the help. Ill have to wait for my brother who is coming up next week to help me. This is way beyond my pay grade.

Thanks again
(2013-08-16, 12:34 PM)hrspwr1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys for the help. Ill have to wait for my brother who is coming up next week to help me. This is way beyond my pay grade.

Thanks again

but it seems your mybb board doesn't have any user...
see Board Statistics...
please welcome our newest member, no-one.
Never done this before, but I'm in file manager now. Wish me luck. I may have this computer smoking before the day is done!

(2013-08-16, 02:17 PM)hrspwr1 Wrote: [ -> ]Never done this before, but I'm in file manager now. Wish me luck. I may have this computer smoking before the day is done!

I dont know how but I think I got er! There was one slash to many.

So far so good.

Thanks much guys!