MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing Databases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I don't know much about databases but whenever I try importing a forums database it says I don't have permission to use it. How do I change this?
MyBB doesn't have a import database feature, where are you attempting to import it at? o.0
Mybb runs on a database. I need to move the database to another server, and it won't let me and says I don't have permission to use it. I thought you would know what to do.
Are you talking about the export feature? Please confirm you have to appropriate admin permissions.

ACP > Users & Groups > Admin Permissions > *Username* > Edit(or Set) > Can Use Database Backup Tools change to 'yes'
Can you post what the error is? If it is a MySQL error like "Permission denied for user x@localhost on database y" you will have to contact your host because we can't do anything about it.
Well I figured out how to fix that but now I desperately need to know how to change the sites url so that the database is exactly the same but on a different server.

Edit: You know what I figured it out. Nevermind.