MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP Log On
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Site URL: http://192.65.243.41/~tegdesig/index.php
My domain is being worked on so in the process that is the url.

Problem. I can log into the forum just fine with no issues. If I click on Admin CP it logs me in but as soon as I click anything with in the control panel it locks me out and says invalid Administration session then will not let me log in at all until I close the browser and re-open it. It does it over and over again, what do I do?
(2013-08-17, 08:19 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see cookies settings guidance

I can't do what the instructions in that thread tell me to do because every time I click on something in my admin panel it kicks me out and I have to close my browsers to get back into it.
download the settings.php from your server and make there the changes. Save the file en re-upload it to your server
Thanks that worked!
Hello,

I am having a similar type of problem and I have been reading all of the relevant threads but I'm just getting even more confused. I would really appreciate so help please! My issue is that I have just successfully installed mybb to my webhost which is great - however one I finished the installation I am logged in as a guest only and not as the administrator. I have read various instructions about cookies and changing chmods and I don;t know which I shoudl do. I am also very new to all of this and so I need simple instructions if possible.
^ @afrodoo , what exactly is your forum url - you could have posted above in your own thread
hey, opps sorry I forgot to post it.
website is www.loveyourcurls.com.au
forum is www.loveyourcurls.com.au/mybb forum/index

and yes there is a space between mybb and forum. That was the way i set up the folder and I'm scared to chnage it incase I mess it up!
^ I'd suggest to change the forum folder. it can be either forum or mybb (or something else - eg. talk / discuss / community)

you can rename the folder at the files server (using online file manager or a ftp client eg. filezilla)
after renaming the folder you have to put correct url for the forum in ./inc/settings.php file

assuming that forum is the folder of your MyBB forum :
$settings['bburl'] = "http://www.loveyourcurls.com.au/forum";

and you have to set correct cookie settings in the ./inc/settings.php file by taking guidance from here
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "loveyourcurls.com.au";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

And also you have to put correct board url and cookie settings at the general configuration settings of admin panel
admin panel >> configuration >> (settings) >> General Configuration -->
Board URL <-- http://www.loveyourcurls.com.au/forum
Cookie Domain <-- loveyourcurls.com.au
Cookie Path <-- /forum/
Great thank you so much for the detailed advice. Just want to check a couple of things before I go ahead and do those things.

1. If I change the folder from ‘mybb forum’ to just ‘forum’ using the file manager will that affect anything else or can I just do that one thing and that’s it? EG will I have to make changes to the SQL database name or anything else?
2. When I click on the ./inc/settings/php file it downloads – can I make the changes in the downloaded file and then re-upload to the ‘forum’ folder?
3. I’m hoping that making the above changes will mean that I can then access the admin panel of my forum to make the 3rd changes you have said to make? At the moment I can not get access to the admin panel to do the last part.

Sorry if these are really stupid basic questions but yesterday was the 1st time I ever saw a cpanel so it's all new to me and I’m working it out as I go!
Pages: 1 2