MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging large number of users at once (tying one at a time isn't an option)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you recommend merging a large number of users at once.

I could just assign the posts and threads to the good user and delete the bad one, but I'd prefer to use a merge module if possible

The problem is that the merge module forces you to type one a time in the admin panel and the code for the merge is too much of a pain to be converted easily into a function which I execute in a new php file.

Thus how do you recommend 'mass merging' even scheduling it?
I looked through the code in users.php and I don't think it would be hard at all to simply copypasta a quick script to do multiple mergers, but the question is how to select all the UIDs to merge intuitively?

If there is some way to write a script that will simply produce an array of UIDs then you can quickly create a script to run requiring only init.php to handle the merges all at once.
I ended up doing the option of sql querying to give the good users everything i wanted, then dropping the bad ones via sql.