MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix the quick reply box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason when new users sign up, by default, the "Show the quick reply box at the bottom of the topic view" is unchecked by default. How to I make it checked by default?
Do you have it enabled in ACP?

Go to ACP>Configuration>Settings>Clickable Smilies and BB Code>Clickable MyCode Editor
(2013-08-18, 07:16 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have it enabled in ACP?

Go to ACP>Configuration>Settings>Clickable Smilies and BB Code>Clickable MyCode Editor

Yes, I have it enabled. It still doesn't have it on by default.
Whoops. I'm really sorry. I mistakenly gave you the wrong instructions. I meant to say go to ACP>Configuration>Settings>Show Thread Options>Show Quick Reply
(2013-08-18, 10:37 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Whoops. I'm really sorry. I mistakenly gave you the wrong instructions. I meant to say go to ACP>Configuration>Settings>Show Thread Options>Show Quick Reply

That was already on, and it still doesn't show for new members.
Is ./inc/settings.php CHMOD to 666?
(2013-08-19, 03:38 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Is ./inc/settings.php CHMOD to 666?

No it's not that, it's on 666, it turns out it was a plugin that had the quick reply thing in it, is was off, so that's why. It's on now and it's fixed. Thanks for your help tho, Arbaz. +Rep. Smile