MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create dropdown menu in header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys im working on my very first going to be very very heavily customized MyBB design. I'm hoping that it looks professional when i finish after all the massive design changes im going to be doing.

one of the first things i wanted to do in the design was make links in the header in dropdown menus and eliminate the default links. I wanted to make the member links such as the "User CP" links inside a dropdown menu in the header menu and make moderator templates basically the same except it has the "Mod CP" link in the dropdown also and same for the admin templates and make guest templates dropdown just "login" and "register" links.

So how do i turn this:

[Image: d3b84c440dfec51acc8f72b42c21aa86.png]

into a dropdown menu up here?

[Image: f494042a58b0574cd9a7521df26a1e6f.png]

I just want to make this a really good design and i wanted to make the dropdown menu's contain different links for different sets. So i wanted the Guest links to have everything a normal member would see except in the dropdown "Profile" it would have "login" and "register" and members if were logged in get all the links that they normally get inside the "profile" drop down and same for admins and mods templates.

Just cant figure out how to make it work
you can try using
Drop Down Menu in Welcome block Header
JavaScript Dropdown Menus Explained

tutorials section consists of some more guides to create a drop down menu
You will need to change the css according to your requirements
Just read the tutorials given my .m. for understanding dropdown
(2013-08-18, 06:37 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try using
Drop Down Menu in Welcome block Header
JavaScript Dropdown Menus Explained

tutorials section consists of some more guides to create a drop down menu

Well the first one didn't work at all, I tried it before and can't access the files for javascript and CSS. Still cant.

The second one didnt work at all.

__

I know how to use dropdown menu's and create them and all its just i cant get the stupid welcome blocks for different groups i cant get those stupid links into a dropdown menu above the forum.

Might also help to note that the header you see in the pic is integrated not scripted manually in the forum. The header is part of a web design template that i made and integrated the header and footer code into the mybb forum and placed the css in a new css file through the theme in MyBB ACP.

I have been able to get the links to do this before but the issue was that when i did it the first time i tried to approach it the links got removed from the header and were placed in the actual welcome block for whatever guest, member etc. and that's not what i wanted i wanted the actual dropdown in the menu where the # are for each member block.

I have been trying to figure this out for a while and its starting to drive me nuts and piss me off. This one simple little issue is whats pretty much keeping the whole design back. Once i get this issue working then everything will run smooth or at least should but the menu is what i need to get finished the most.

EDIT: Forget it. Pissing me off to much. im not going to make the design. I might come back to it later with a different menu design in mind or heavily modify another design that's similar to my design that has what i want mostly and heavily modify that but right now im done.