MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Locking a post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi silly newbie here, can anyone easily explain to me exactly how a moderator can lock a post? Thick I know but can't see it, I can skin the bloomin thing but can't find how to lock a post - doh
There's no way to 'lock' a post, but you could unapprove it?
Or if you meant lock the thread...
Go to the forum that the thread is in, (ie. General Support) and if you have moderator permissions you should see a check box down the right hand side. Check the thread you wish to lock/delete, then scroll to the bottom and choose what you want done via the 'Inline Thread Moderation' tool. Smile

Likewise, to 'Unapprove' just one post, view the thread, tick the post you don't want others to see anymore and go to the bottom and use the 'Inline Post Moderation' tool. Smile
Note that any Moderators of the forum will still be able to see these posts. Wink

Forgive any mistakes here, I am late and it is tired.
Hiya thanks for that - but I don't have a lock thread option? I can't see it in any of the inline moderation bits.

To be clear I want to lock a tread so it looks like the attachement - thanks up to now but no go so far

D
It isn't called "Lock", it should look something like this...

Edit: Was trying a new way of attaching, sorry!
Like what ???? no attachment Smile
Look above, sorry for the trouble. Smile
Wicked no probs - ok so I have all of those but non of them say or lock - but the icon has a lock on it? I know you can't lock but I just want a thread to have the icon next to it with a padlock. Which is it please.

D
Close threads means to lock the threads. Smile
ROCK AND ROLL - thank you all for your help.
Pages: 1 2