MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 404 Not Found Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just setup a new MyBB forum at:
http://hooverforum.com/hf

MyBB Version 1.6.9
PHP Version 5.2.17
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.5.23
Server Load 0.22

The root of the site was a WordPress site, converted from a FrontPage site. I have since removed WordPress and re-installed FrontPage extensions.

I've setup the boards and, upon landing on the forum it looks great. All the categories are there, all the forums are there. I've setup registration to be only via Face Book, tested it and it works great. Everything is good until you try to click on one of the forums in order to post or read it, at which time it gives a 404 Page Cannot Be Found error with the following in the URL:
http://www.hooverforum.com/hf/forum-3.html (Sample from one of the forums)
and the following in the body of the page:

Not Found
The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I removed the WordPress function because when one clicked on the forum, it wanted to apply the WordPress theme to the page and make it illegible.

Would appreciate some input.

Thanks.
your MyBB forum files server's main folder has a file named htaccess.txt - you have to rename it as .htaccess

OR navigate to below location on the admin panel
admin panel >> configuration >> (settings) >> Server and Optimization Options --> Enable search engine friendly URLs?
--> set to automatic detection and save the settings
Thanks for the reply.

Under the Server and Optimization Options, it was already set to Automatic.

The other setting related to that were/are set to:

Enable search engine friendly URLs in Archive? No
Use GZip Page Compression? No
Send No Cache Headers: No
Friendly Redirection Pages: On

So no changes were made.

I checked the .htaccess file and I have one in the root of the public_html folder. The MyBB forum is in a subfolder named "hf". There are two .htaccess files in the root of that folder, one named .htaccess and one named htaccess.txt. The date on .htaccess is 8/12/13. The date on the htaccess.txt is 2/19/13.

Should I rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess, therefore overwriting the existing .htacess file, or should I delete the htaccess.txt file? Or neither?

Thanks for the assistance.
^ change SEF URLs setting at the Server and Optimization Options to disabled
(and / or) rename .htaccess in hf folder as htaccess_recent.txt and check
That seems to have done it.

Thanks!
i has rename it as .htaccess
i can visit home page.
but i can't see thread page
my forum : http://dhdt2.com/forum/
@gatre do you have Google SEO plugin in active state ? if so it needs a different .htaccess file.
Google SEO plugin shows its required set of rules on the plugins page. you can follow that instructions.

closing this thread. please continue at your earlier thread or start a new thread if required.