MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 3.3 to Mybb 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.
I want to convert my IPB 3.3 to Mybb 1.6. I checked the secton on the website but looks like only IPB 2.x is supported by the converter.
I also checked the wiki and looks like the IPB 3 converter was under development in the VPN Trunk. Are there any news about it? Should I try using the last converter to see if everything runs smoothly?

Thanks for your help.
see this --> http://community.mybb.com/thread-138553-...#pid999540
(04-30-2013, 10:49 AM)Alan S. Wrote: [ -> ]You can try the BETA version of the IPB3 merge module, no guarantees on how well it's working though.
(08-19-2013, 03:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]see this --> http://community.mybb.com/thread-138553-...#pid999540
(04-30-2013, 10:49 AM)Alan S. Wrote: [ -> ]You can try the BETA version of the IPB3 merge module, no guarantees on how well it's working though.
Thanks for your help, tomorrow I'll do some backups and test this.

It works quite well, but I'm getting an error in the most important table: "posts". I get this error

MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's' LIMIT 1' at line 1
Query:
SELECT member_id FROM ibf_members WHERE name='3 Libra's' LIMIT 1

It looks like the merge system can't find the author name in the "ibf_members" table. I checked that one and looks like the user of the error (3 Libra's) changed her nickname to "3Libra". I tried to edit it with the original one (3 Libra's) but I still get that error.
Well, maybe it's just the special character in the name (the ' )

I will now try to load the backup database and I'll try with ipb 2.3 merge, let's see if it works.

No, the Ipb 2.3 merga doesn't even get the users...
Can someone help the guy above me, im about to use this and i want to see if this can be fixed, i don't want it happening to me.
Looks like the name isn't getting escaped correctly for that query. I'm out of the loop on the current development setup, but it'll be a fairly easy fix once someone else sees it.