MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin support, no support from creator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I offer time and dedicated to MyBB and I love the software. But I have one problem. one plugin is having problems for members, its one that I think mybb needs.

The plugin creator is part of the mybb team but I have tried to contact him multiple ways and have up to this point been ignored. I am not trying to get support from him, I am just trying to get him to take a look at the thread that is made because members are having issues with him plugin.

What do you do if your ignored and you can not get support from the creator?

This is not a bashing thread but a thread for discussion.
Nothing, plugins don't come with a promise of support. Even if they are made by a mybb team member.
Hey Alex,

Then why make the plugin if your not going to support it to at least some extinct.
Probably because they needed it and figured others might so put it out there. Happens all the time on github.
(2013-08-20, 12:51 AM)DennisC Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Alex,

Then why make the plugin if your not going to support it to at least some extinct.

Between MyBB's core and custom plugins, the former always comes first. Between MyBB's core and real life, the latter always comes first. If real life and MyBB are taking up a lot of your time, supporting plugins likely isn't a priority.
Well, I just think if you make something you could atleast take 5 mins and offer advice and thoughts.
Why don't you simply ask on forums? If many users have the same problem with that plugin, I'm sure someone from MyBB community other than author would look into this, if it hasn't already been solved. You can't expect free selfless help from every human, everyone is volunteer here and doesn't have to answer any of your questions - you should be happy that this person made that plugin and released it for no money, that's a great contribution already.
The people having problems has a post here in plugin support.
regarding the specific plugin, it is a great plugin and working on many forums including this community.
a few have problems with it - some of the helpers here tried to fix - but the plugin is not working as expected.
The creator of the plugin in his profile clearly said to not contact him for the direct support - we respect it.
(2013-08-20, 01:50 AM)DennisC Wrote: [ -> ]The people having problems has a post here in plugin support.

Most of them are likely answered in those support threads. And right now we are at 1.6.10 which means most issues that come up on MyBB Community are already answered before (1.6 related). It's either people can take out time to search, learn how to code or request/hire someone to fix the issues with the plugin. I know Yaldaram dedicates his free time on MyBB to find plugin issues and post the fixes in the plugin reviews section. It all depends on the author. Maybe when they created the plugin, they were free and maybe now they got a new job or maybe a family to look after. People have to change with time and sometimes don't have time for the past. This is what you call life.
Pages: 1 2