MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do Top Designers start Custom Themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's take an example of envira, effone, Dynaxel, and Audentio designs. All excellent MyBB designers, but I always wonder, do they start EVERY design from the scratch MyBB theme, or do they build upon a base theme or existing theme made by them they might (just might) be willing to share?

Because it really is a pain on the lime to change all the postbits to CSS buttons for every custom design I make, and I hope I can learn from the experts in the business.
they might be having their own base themes (not a single)
Most designers make a 'framework'. Basically start with the base theme and make all the template edits, css edits, and image changes that you expect to use in the majority of your custom/premium themes. Then they work off of that.
What I do is I have two base themes, the default MyBB theme and one I created called Default Rounded, which is just the default theme with rounded corners. I make all HTML and CSS changes based off those templates, so anything you see by me is basically based off of the default theme with or without rounded corners.

Also, I'm open to selling Default Rounded, so if you're interested, I'll keep you updated Smile