MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyISAM into InnoDB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It is possible to convert table mybb_threads, and mybb_posts from MyISAM into InnoDB ?
All tables without those both has been converted successfully
Yes but you'll need to disable full-text searching.

Here is my old blog post about when I did it.

http://www.vbum.com/2010/01/mybb-and-inc...rformance/
Thank you.
All done, and i change FULLTEXT into INDEX, but what a value i must write in size at index (message TEXT) ?
I tried changing my threads table to innodb while the search is "standard" but I'm getting the following error:

ALTER TABLE mybb_threads ENGINE = INNODB;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1214 - The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes

Can someone please help me?
^ @ NeoCHI, see this
labrocca Wrote:In order to change to innodb I had to remove fulltext search in admincp. Then alter the tables in phpmyadmin.
I had to actually remove the fulltext index from the threads table as it’s used to index the subject field.
I changed it from a full-text index to an ordinary b-tree index.
As of MySQL 5.6.4 fulltext indexes are available on innodb tables, so you could consider upgrading that (Or bugging your host to do so)
(2013-11-23, 08:06 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ @ NeoCHI, see this
labrocca Wrote:In order to change to innodb I had to remove fulltext search in admincp. Then alter the tables in phpmyadmin.
I had to actually remove the fulltext index from the threads table as it’s used to index the subject field.
I changed it from a full-text index to an ordinary b-tree index.

How do I do that? When I got phpmyadmin it doesn't show index settings.
^ if you look at the structure of the threads table then it shows indexes and you can change subject index type there
Ok, so I was able to set my thread table to innodb successfully but then when I tried testing it by clicking a into a thread i got the following mySQL error:
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1214 - The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes
Query:
SELECT t.*, t.username AS threadusername, u.username, MATCH (t.subject) AGAINST ('Howwwdyyy') AS relevance FROM mybb_threads t LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid = t.uid) WHERE t.fid='10' AND t.tid!='197977' AND t.visible='1' AND t.closed NOT LIKE 'moved|%' AND MATCH (t.subject) AGAINST ('Howwwdyyy') >= '6' ORDER BY t.lastpost DESC LIMIT 0, 5
Weird thing is I tried the same steps on one of my other forums and it worked fine. I also tried disabling all my plugins but that didn't seem to work either? Could it be my theme? What can be causing this?
Quote:1214 - The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes
that means that the index type is still FULLTEXT - not changed to b-tree
Pages: 1 2 3