MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'Who Was Online Today' shows data for last 24 hours?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The stats for 'Who was Online Today' shows users who logged in last 24 hours. It's not a major issue, usability wise, but a bit confusing, as the title should probably say 'Online in last 24 hours'.

Just pointing it out here, so that, if you guys agree with this as probably being a bug, could you fix it to show data only for today's date???

Thanks!
Moving to Code Modifications forums, as this is _NOT_ a standard feature of MyBB.

I don't see the problem either, sure it shows the last 24 hours. You could just change the text in inc/languages/english/index.lang.php any ways.
Yeah, especially since Mybb in general refers to "today" as the last 24 hours. Certainly not a bug, just how the system works. Big Grin
CraKteR Wrote:Moving to Code Modifications forums, as this is _NOT_ a standard feature of MyBB.

It actually is Smile

http://community.mybboard.net/online.php?action=today

Moved to Suggestions
I think Crakter thought bugzo was referring to his plugin! Big Grin He might have, but the plugin IS based on what mybb in general does!
Oh, bah. I don't think straight when I wake up.
Yeah, I can change the language file to say 'Last 24 hours' as one solution to avoid a confusion. But I would prefer a way to have the data for today's date only. I am attaching a screenshot here.

The current time it shows 1:40 pm. And it shows me online at 1:39 pm (quite ok), but the other guy (raghuveer) online at 8:21 pm !!. It doesn't even mention the date. At first I thought, its a bug, but then realized, it's probably showing data for last 24 hours.

If you guys could help me with a solution, so that I can implement it in my preferred way, that would be great!

Hope this helps.
bugzo Wrote:Just pointing it out here, so that, if you guys agree with this as probably being a bug, could you fix it to show data only for today's date???
I prefer the current "last 24 hours" approach, and I don't think it should be changed. Maybe it could be an option though.

I think the only reason MyBB uses the word "today" is because it looks nicer than "in the last 24 hours." Toungue