MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: R/S/J Section Rules Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-08-29, 03:43 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-28, 09:27 PM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-28, 09:18 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]You can't ban per-thread - It isn't able to be done.

Of course it is able to be done.

Are you aware of what you are asking? There is nothing in place to stop people from posting in threads.

Yes I am well aware. I know the feature is not default. It's not hard creating a simply plugin to add this feature.
(2013-08-29, 08:55 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-28, 09:18 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]You can't ban per-thread - It isn't able to be done.

Are you aware of what you are asking? There is nothing in place to stop people from posting in threads.

Yes I am well aware. I know the feature is not default. It's not hard creating a simply plugin to add this feature.

And the point of it is?

I don't forsee a use for it - But hey, that's just me. Use your discresion and you will be fine.
(2013-08-30, 05:53 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-29, 08:55 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]

And the point of it is?

I don't forsee a use for it - But hey, that's just me. Use your discresion and you will be fine.

Dont be so lazy and read the thread, once you do that you'll see my point. Hate guys like you that read the last 2 or 3 posts of a thread and then post senseless posts.
I have actually read the whole thread, your assumptions are irrelavent.

Again, I don't see a point for it. And again, use your discresion.

But since you insist:

(2013-08-22, 07:24 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]It currently does nothing to aid a buyer into buying a legitimate website.

Judgement call...

(2013-08-22, 07:24 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]If someone is selling a website I think it's essential to allow feedback in the threads.

I disagree. You're selling a site, giving feedback is likely irrelavent to you anyway.

(2013-08-22, 07:24 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone selling anything in that section should be completely transparent about what they are selling.

Oh, right, so you want people to be open about their board. If they aren't, then don't go into it. Judgement call...

(2013-08-22, 07:24 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]If they are selling a legitimate high quality website they shouldn't have a problem with allowing feedback.

Refer point 2: I disagree. You're selling a site, giving feedback is likely irrelavent to you anyway.

(2013-08-22, 07:24 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]It's beyond belief that MyBB allow people to sell websites behind closed doors, essentially.

MyBB are merely facilitators. It is not up to them to keep a track over every transaction that happens on this board. Anything more is a users responsibility, or if it isn't, should be. This is an open source project and that means free; and lack of liability.

(2013-08-22, 07:24 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]This is a breeding ground for scammers, false advertising and manipulation.

Judgement call...

(2013-08-22, 07:24 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]Feedback is a must in this section to help protect MyBB users from purchasing websites that are clearly not worth what they are advertised for.

Refer point 2

(2013-08-22, 07:24 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]There's a lot of gullible young MyBB users out there that need protection.

And believe it or not, they are also capable of using judgement... They just don't. Not MyBB's problem.

(2013-08-22, 07:24 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]It's very easy for a seller to manipulate what they are selling via a one on one private message conversation as opposed being transparent in a public thread.

There's this thing called "Private Correspondence" perhaps you've heard of it. It is where a member has the right to be able to privately contact a seller.

(2013-08-22, 07:24 AM)MYSQLi Wrote: [ -> ]These rules need to be changed for user protection and to ensure that all MyBB users have adequate information and feedback from the entire community before they commit to handing over hundreds of dollars for a website or whatever is being sold in this section.

No. They. Do. Not.
(2013-08-30, 09:12 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]I have actually read the whole thread, your assumptions are irrelavent.

What sort of jibberish are you posting m8 ? My assumptions ? I never ""assumed" anything. its quite ironic that your replying here using words that are "irrelevant".

Theres a difference in reading the thread and understanding what is actually being said within the thread, clearly you dont understand whats going on here. You might want to take the time to read a dictionary before posting words like "assumptions" before you use it within a sentence.

Keep this thread on topic now please.
You only registered this month - You don't know how this site functions and seriously you don't have a right to be able to change the rules for your benefit.

When you learn how this site works, then suggest a new rule.
(2013-08-30, 08:45 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]You only registered this month - You don't know how this site functions and seriously you don't have a right to be able to change the rules for your benefit.

When you learn how this site works, then suggest a new rule.

On topic please. I'm not interested in 18 year old chit chat.
Pages: 1 2 3