MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have made a Moderate board where only mod are able to go in, but to do that i had to hide the board from others, is there a way the others can't enter or view the board without hiding the board? So that the board can be seen by members but they are not allow to enter or view?
Via your AdminCP, edit the 'Permissions' of the forum you want to hide from others.

This may be useful to you: http://wiki.mybboard.com/index.php/Admin...Management
Er... i want the board to be shown not to hide but only members can't view in or enter the board. I don't want to hide Smile .
So you want to hide the board to everyone except for Moderators and Administrators?

You could just add a password to the forum, or use the 'Permissions' option as I mentioned above.
AdminCP --> Forum Management --> Manage Forums - Find the forum you want to 'hide' from members and click 'Permissions'

Simple.
I understand that rh1no Smile what i am try to say is everyone see the board but only usergroup like admin and the mods can enter and veiw not the members, i don't want the board to hide. Smile
DragonLord Wrote:I understand that rh1no Smile what i am try to say is everyone see the board but only usergroup like admin and the mods can enter and veiw not the members, i don't want the board to hide. Smile
Let's sort out the technical words first.

Board - This means the whole view of the forums. For example, the index.php shows all forums and categories in the board.

Forum - A forum is section of the board that resides inside a category.

Now, do you want:

a) To let people see the entire board but not allow them to view the forums?

OR

b) To let people see the board and the forums, but not allow them to enter?
DragonLord Wrote:I have made a Moderate board where only mod are able to go in, but to do that i had to hide the board from others, is there a way the others can't enter or view the board without hiding the board? So that the board can be seen by members but they are not allow to enter or view?

Hide the forum like rh1n0 showed you, but go to Admin CP --> Settings --> Forum Home Options and set the "Hide Private Forums" setting to "No"