MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: list editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. I'm trying to get it so I can put a quick accordion script in a specific post, and I figured it would be easier to just put it in the post itself instead of filling my headers with a bunch of little tiny snippets.

Is there a way to activate this?
- answered

2. I'm trying to use for another project the tabs ui for jQuery. I want to get the list items (the selectors) the be like this:

tab1 | tab2 | tab 3

instead of like this:
tab1
tab2
tab3

how do I do this?? I've tried so many thinks it's crazy, mostly just messing with display:block, display:inline-block, and vertical-align:top. Is there a simple way to do this?
Only with plugin/core edits, but I don't think anyone provided those. Why? It's very insecure to allow <script> in posts, unless you want it only for yourself. Otherwise anyone would be able to inject codes you don't wish to have in your page.

You can do it with MyCodes though - it's sometimes better than filling your headerinclude (unless it's general script which can be used for more posts). Add the <script>s to replacement.
Go to ACP>Forums & Posts>Forum Management>SELECT YOUR FORUM>Edit Forum Settings>Miscellaneous Options>Yes, Allow HTML in Posts>TICK

However as Destroy said, allowing scripts in posts is not recommended.
@Arbaz, that doesn't allow <script> tag afaik. Try checking it and adding to post:
<script>alert("blah blah");</script>
or
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/editor.js?ver=1600"></script>
None of those worked for me a year ago. Tested now - same result. 2 different forums, plugins and MyBB versions.
Guys, tried MyCode?
I wasn't sure if there was one that did it, the closest I found was MyCode, but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I'm not sure that it would work for me either way.

I did however, with some tinkering, find a way to just make it a short general script in my header which could work universally thank god. I do have another question though, if anyone knows how?

I'm trying to use for another project the tabs ui for jQuery. I want to get the list items (the selectors) the be like this:

tab1 | tab2 | tab 3

instead of like this:
tab1
tab2
tab3

how do I do this?? I've tried so many thinks it's crazy, mostly just messing with display:block, display:inline-block, and vertical-align:top. Is there a simple way to do this?