MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: forum pages not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I have a hosted site with a wordpress install. I wanted to include a forum, so I installed MyBB yesterday.

Install went well. I'm on 1.6.9.

The first page of the board works...
http://homesteadcampfire.com/forums/

but clicking on the forums results in "not found" errors.

Example: http://homesteadcampfire.com/forums/forum-4.html

Can anyone shed light on this?

I think it's interesting that the wordpress is putting up the "not found" page, but not sure if wordpress is the issue or something else.

Any ideas?

--JS
SEF URLs are enabled on your forum. you can disable them or add related .htaccess file

forum folder consists of a htaccess.txt file. you can rename it as .htaccess so that SEF URLs work

or if you want to disable the SEF URLs then navigate to below location and turn off it
admin panel >> configuration >> (settings) >> Server and Optimization Options
--> Enable search engine friendly URLs? <-- select disabled and save the settings
Thanks for the quick reply.

Checked the .htaccess file. It didn't have a .txt on the end, but I created a new .htaccess (renamed the old).

Enable search engine friendly URLs was already disabled. I disabled and re-enabled, saving both times. Still have the same issue.

The pages I can hit are the forums front page and the admin page.
Quote:Install went well. I'm on 1.6.9.

If you installed it yesterday, why are you on 1.6.9 and not 1.6.10? You should upgrade ASAP to keep your forum secure.
My webhost has a quick installer. .9 is what it installed.
Never use any quick installer provided by any host. It's always recommended to install MyBB manually.
the .htaccess file you had does not belong to MyBB. I can see htaccess.txt file and it needs to be renamed as .htaccess
it also appears that ./inc/settings.php file is not writable. check folders & files permissions
Ys htaccess is the problem. Please note check for the one in your forum directory and not in the one in your main aka root directory.

I have had a wordpress blog and mybb forums and almost everytime the not found error will be thrown by Wordpress so nothing to worry about.

Also do a manual install as suggested. Some webhosts also lock the .htaccess file. I had the peculiar problem once that how much ever you edit it, it always returned to the original one so I contacted my host who resolved the issue.
Very interesting. I wonder where the 1st .htaccess file came from.

You all were correct--I blew away the .htaccess and reneamed the .htaccess.txt to .htaccess and everything works.

Your help is much appreciated! Thanks!