MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database restore-Please Help me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be so grateful. I recently did an upgrade to 1.6 and when I could not access my CP, I did a clean install. I did back up my database but I am getting numerous errors when I try to upload it. The errors are too many to mention. I did read in the forum that you must delete all tables in your database before restoring your original database. Is this true? I am stressed about deleting any tables that I may need. Would it be better to create a second database and install MYBB on it and than try to restore my database onto that one? Please help! I spent all yesterday on this and I really need to get my site up. THANK YOU!

Steve
You can just create another database and import our backup into your new database then change the database details in ./inc/config.php
Yes, I wouldn't try to import it into the existing DB if that is giving you issues. As mentioned above, just import into a new database, then change your inc/config.php settings to have the right DB connection info.