MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Don't Want Moderators To Post To Locked Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a setting or a mod that I can activate that prevents moderators from being able to post to a locked thread? I couldn't find any settings in the ACP.
Just tell them not to? If they don't listen well don't keep them as staff lol.
I found a way to disable moderators to post using quick reply if the thread is locked.

Open ./showthread.php file and find:

if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1 || is_moderator($fid)) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0) 

Replace it with

if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0) 
(2013-08-23, 10:41 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I found a way to disable moderators to post using quick reply if the thread is locked.

Open ./showthread.php file and find:

if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1 || is_moderator($fid)) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0) 

Replace it with

if($forumpermissions['canpostreplys'] != 0 && $mybb->user['suspendposting'] != 1 && ($thread['closed'] != 1) && $mybb->settings['quickreply'] != 0 && $mybb->user['showquickreply'] != '0' && $forum['open'] != 0) 

Thank you very much for your constructive reply. I'll give it a try and see how it works.