MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Country Block List
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But most countries getting targeted do have legitemate users thats what I said. Thanks Nathan for the reply.
(2013-08-25, 05:22 PM)Bala Wrote: [ -> ]The major chunck of problems come with Chineese spammers. So if in case you have trouble block them but cloudflare handles most auto.

Dont be completely against one nation. It hurts peoples sentiments. Not all are the same.

I think everyone is missing the point here. Nobody is being blocked. The list above is a list of countries that have a high volume of unwanted traffic, so cloudflare adds an additional access feature to whoever is trying to access your site from a location in the list above. It's not actually completely blocking anyone.
As MYSQLi said, it's not completely blocking them, it's just making sure they're a human to prevent bots/spammers/botnets/ddosers. Most people will not take it personally if you just tell them why you're doing it.
Ya true. Some just talked about complete blocking only to which I am not in favour of. I know what cloudflare does and I have its premium plan for my website.
Here is my list :
Racist people
do as dthiago suggested, run your own htaccess

if your using a host that doesn't allow you .htaccess
CHANGE HOST!

BTW,
I block cloudflare, RIGHT BEHIND HOSTNOC, almost as automatically as i do entire countries like, cn,ru,ue,br, etc...

ALL the entities mentioned is exactly why i starting learning how to use htaccess, BECAUSE i've encountered nothing good from their web traffic.... ONLY TROUBLE.
(well i suppose the incentive to learn that they forced could be considered good..catch22 for them POS's)
Lawless nations? Damn that hurts.
(2014-08-17, 07:44 AM)miscbyproduct Wrote: [ -> ]do as dthiago suggested, run your own htaccess

if your using a host that doesn't allow you .htaccess
CHANGE HOST!

BTW,
I block cloudflare, RIGHT BEHIND HOSTNOC, almost as automatically as i do entire countries like, cn,ru,ue,br, etc...

ALL the entities mentioned is exactly why i starting learning how to use htaccess, BECAUSE i've encountered nothing good from their web traffic.... ONLY TROUBLE.
(well i suppose the incentive to learn that they forced could be considered good..catch22 for them POS's)

But then it's blocked. The point of using cloudflare for the block is to present users from those countries with a human verification.
I cant say that I dont agree with you (Singapore).

However, as a Singaporean, I am not a spammer.
Well, now that the Fassim anti spam plugin is no longer working, are there any suggestions to implement country blocking for registration? Even if that means using IP blocks in .htaccess, but such a long list of IPs would slow down the site, won't it?

I know about the ongoing debate of blocking countries, bu the minute that the Fassim anti spam plugin stopped working, we got 4x the amount of daily registrations and all coming from 8 specific countries which are in the list of OP and which are known for only bringing trouble to forums. We want to block these countries to registering in the forum, so we'd appreciate any advice on how to block countries from registration.

Are there any plugins that can currently do this (even if they're paid plugins) or are there any plans on making a similar plugin to Fassim's plugin (again, even if it's a paid plugin)?
Pages: 1 2