MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can someone here help me update my forum...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2013-09-08, 07:04 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ your forum admin panel appears to be working. navigate to below location
admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> Task Manager --> on right side find Tables Check
--> next to it, there will be a clock like icon to run the task. click on it & then check if your forum works

I don't understand how my my admin panel is working. I can't even login because of the error message. I can't view the forum. How are you able to view it?

***I figured it out!: I forgot I could get to the admin panel even if my forum is down - makes sense. I am so out of touch with site!.....lol***

I also did not know you can fix your tables that way. It practically fixes itself - that's cool!

Thanks

Now, I am trying to update my forum. I am going from 1.6.4 to 1.6.10. I have attempted to upload all the files. When I go to the install site, I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/norbyd/public_html/forum/install/index.php on line 1560

Now what?

Thanks
^ can you check line 1560 of /forum/install/index.php file in a code editor (eg. notepad++) - it should be ?>";

lines 1555 - 1564
	'mail_logs' => 180, // Mail error logs
	'user_mail_logs' => 180, // User mail logs
	'promotion_logs' => 180 // Promotion logs
);

?>";

$file = fopen(MYBB_ROOT.'inc/config.php', 'w');
	fwrite($file, $configdata);
	fclose($file);

actually you can directly try to run the upgrade script (upgrade.php) - (you can click here)
(2013-09-09, 04:58 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]actually you can directly try to run the upgrade script (upgrade.php) - (you can click here)

I will try that! - Thanks!

Is there anything special I need to do since I am going from
1.6.4 to 1.6.10 ? Or do I just upgrade as explained in the blog?

It has been a long time since I updated my forum.

Thanks again!
^ take a backup of your current database (can be through admin panel or from web host panel) and
then follow the instructions given in the blog. (I assume that you have not modified any system files)
(2013-09-09, 07:50 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ take a backup of your current database (can be through admin panel or from web host panel) and
then follow the instructions given in the blog. (I assume that you have not modified any system files)

On the 1.6.10 upgrade, should the 'lock' file be inside the 'install' folder or is it in another folder or named something else? I can't seem to find it.
^ it is in the install folder. it has no extension for the file name (that is, file name is lock)
(2013-09-10, 05:28 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ it is in the install folder. it has no extension for the file name (that is, file name is lock)

I found it, but when I go to the install site it prompts me to upgrade to 1.6.4 instead of 1.6.10. Huh
^ have you uploaded the files from MyBB 1.6.10 package (you have to overwrite existing files)
btw, just as a precaution, take a backup of ./inc/config.php file & ./inc/settings.php file
(2013-09-10, 11:55 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ have you uploaded the files from MyBB 1.6.10 package (you have to overwrite existing files)
btw, just as a precaution, take a backup of ./inc/config.php file & ./inc/settings.php file

I am using dreamweaver to upload the files. I believe all the existing files were replaced with the current ones for 1.6.10. Something doesn't seem right though. Suggestions? Thanks.
^ uploading through dreamweaver might not work. would you like to PM me temporary access to admin panel and ftp
Pages: 1 2