MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: where is postbit template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys i want to find my postbit template but not through admin cp but through FTP I get a list of .js files but none of them say postbit what .js file is postbit stored under? Do any developers know?
You can't access templates via FTP, only via AdminCP.
It's not javascript for a start so won't be in a .js file, but yes, you access templates via the ACP. Go to Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set for your theme** > Post Bit Templates > postbit.
No i cant access it through admin cp. Where would i find it through FTP?
Templates are stored in the database, not as template files.
(2013-08-25, 08:39 PM)criclover Wrote: [ -> ]No i cant access it through admin cp. Where would i find it through FTP?

You don't understand - you can look for postbit template in every file on your server but you won't find it. If you don't believe us, you can keep trying.

You either need to edit it through ACP (easiest way - template editor, longer way - export theme, edit it with Notepad++ or any text editor, reimport theme) or in database (mybb_templates table, template column).
Ok so here is the problem guys i recently updated to mybb 1.6.10 and some of my templates messed up my quote button no longer works and my like button does not go with the premium theme like before. I have both the mysql database and all files but i just need to restore the postbit section and the users profile to fix these issues. How can i do this?

http://cricketlife.net/showthread.php?ti...0#pid76720- You can see both the like and quote buttons don't work properly.
If you want to restore something from theme or templates, current database won't help. You need backup(s) which had been made before you updated to 1.6.10. Open backup in file editor like Notepad++, find your faulty template(s), copy the code, insert fixed templates to the current database. No other way.

But... why do you even want to restore something while having such simple issues? They can be fixed with few clicks in ACP by using Find Updated Templates function. Doing it with database operations is like washing a car with a toothbrush. And fixing quote button that way won't work anyways, because it needs new code, not the old: http://community.mybb.com/thread-138388-...#pid998431 Not sure about other issues, they most likely may require updated code too.

Are you locked out from ACP because of error or what's the reason you avoid? I don't believe you got access to files/database but not to ACP.
No i have access to ACP. I just thought i had to do this through FTP. I will try your method and let you know if it works.

Ok so i went throught the update templates tab and it gives me three option edit, diff report, revert to original. What should i do?

here is a screenshot- http://imgur.com/Z0iBJj9
You should see the Diff Report first. It shows differences in red/green colors. You have to look carefully for important changes (like {$xxx} variables), then edit the template and save. If it disappeared from the list, you did correct changes. All templates should disappear.
Pages: 1 2