MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Messages are allowed who has more than 100 posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I want to allow private messages to only those members who has more than 100 posts on the forum. Can I apply this on MYBB?

Thanks
Yes you can. Make a new usergroup and give them private messaging permissions. Also set up an a group promotion so ppl are automatically promoted to that group when the make 100 posts.
Then go to the default registered member group permissions and remove their PM rights.
Lastly run the group promotion task from the Tools and maintanance so all users above 100 posts are put into the new group and they can send PM.
But if this is a normal forums i would not recommend doing it. 100 posts is too much.
I won't guide you on how as the how to is above, though I wanted to say 100 posts is a little high for private messaging ability. You might be discouraging users by setting it to high.

Go for 5 - 10 maybe?
(2013-08-25, 05:39 PM)Bala Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can. Make a new usergroup and give them private messaging permissions. Also set up an a group promotion so ppl are automatically promoted to that group when the make 100 posts.
Then go to the default registered member group permissions and remove their PM rights.
Lastly run the group promotion task from the Tools and maintanance so all users above 100 posts are put into the new group and they can send PM.
But if this is a normal forums i would not recommend doing it. 100 posts is too much.

Thanks Bala for your response.

I have done all the points. Can you please explain "Lastly run the group promotion task from the Tools and maintanance so all users above 100 posts are put into the new group and they can send PM."

I don't understand how to do this?

I must have to do this because of non sense invitation to my website Moderators and Admins.
^ navigate to --> admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> task manager
find Promotion System - at the right side, there will be a clock image with link to run the task. click on it

[Image: yqf.gif]
Thanks .m. for detailing it to him. If possible attach a site link next time onwards it helps for easy issue resolution.

Alex is right mate, until if it is not for a very specific purpose 100 is too much.
(2013-08-27, 02:14 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ navigate to --> admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> task manager
find Promotion System - at the right side, there will be a clock image with link to run the task. click on it

Because so much of the admincp is text links I think it was a poor choice to use an image icon as the only link. I didn't even know that was a link myself until it was pointed out. I just like the OP had the same question long ago.

Lesson here is that MyBB should be consistent with their interface.
(2013-08-27, 02:14 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ navigate to --> admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> task manager

I've done this. But I don't see any member added into the "new group". Although, I've lot of users who have more than 100 posts in their profiles.

Can you please help?
Any help please?
Did you even make a new group and setup a group promotion?