MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need some help. I have set up my new MyBB to require an email notification, but when I tested it, it allowed a new account to be created and never sent an email notificiation.

This is the setting in the Control Panel of the Admin:

[Image: email.PNG]
Quote:it allowed a new account to be created

Did the account get activated by itself or does it require email verification but the e-mail didn't go through?
(2013-08-26, 12:37 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:it allowed a new account to be created

Did the account get activated by itself or does it require email verification but the e-mail didn't go through?

it got activated by itself without an email being sent out. In other words, the test account I created was activated immediately without any sort of verification.

But in the admin cp, it says that email verification is required in the settings like this:
http://www.gelsana.com/images/fislam/email.PNG

Could it be actually working correctly since I am creatting new account with the same IP address and so it assumes that I have already been checked out? When creating a new test account now, I get this message:

"We cannot process your registration because there has already been 3 new registration(s) from your ip address in the past 24 hours. Please try again later."

I just remoted to another computer many miles away. I registered a new test account. It said I needed to check my email to verify registration. I waited and I never got an email verification for registration. Then I tried loging in with the new test account and I got access. This is a big problem I need fixed right away.

I fixed the problem. I found out there were issues with my Mail Server on the back end. My provider had blocked email due to spam from an earlier CMS.

Once that got out of the way, I found another issue. The accounts were being made correctly -- sort of -- a user was able to log in after creating an account. But if he did not verify the email, he would not make a post.

Amen.