MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possible to allow HTML in just a few posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Disallowing HTML is useful for obvious reasons, but suppose I want to add a certain bit of content into just one or two stickies. Is there a way I can do that, without enabling HTML in the entire forum?

Basically, I want to stick an iframe in a post. That, or some basic HTML with some javascript.

Possible?
I don't think it's possible for a few threads. You can use the following plugin to restrict who can use HTML in posts by groups, users or forums.

Link: http://mods.mybb.com/view/html-in-posts
I'm always wary of installing plugins. Do you have experience with using that plugin? If so, what is involved in its usage? I mean, can I just set it to admin only, and then fire away, or do I also have to adjust all my forum's permissions to enable HTML?
I haven't used the plugin personally but from what I know, you can set it to admins only if you would like. Read the readme file if provided in the download.
The readme wasn't helpful, but I'll give it a shot later tomorrow, regardless. Thanks.
You can set it for:

Groups.

Users.

Boards.
Alright, after a bit of use, I think it's working quite well.

By the way, this doesn't support javascript, does it?
^ no, it doesn't. in general, javascript is loaded from the header
Is there another plugin for that?

Then again...I should be able to make a custom page, then link it to a post with an iframe, yes? I'll have to test that out later tonight.
^ yes, you can use a custom page and embed it using iframe code. however experts advice to not use iframes
Pages: 1 2