MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Max Limit of 500kb when uploading a theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the maximum file size for uploading a theme on the MyBB mods site is too small. 500kb is way too small, I have 3 themes I want to upload and only one of them is under 500kb, another is over 1mb. Many themes these days can easily be over 2mb as well. I think at the very least the size should be upped to 1mb, if not 2. The documentation for one of my themes is 770kb alone. It seems like this limit has been in place for quite some time and is in need of an update.
Why not just host the docs on your site and simply provide a readme that says go here? I know it's only a work around for now but who knows when the size will be increased.
(2013-08-27, 10:00 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Why not just host the docs on your site and simply provide a readme that says go here? I know it's only a work around for now but who knows when the size will be increased.

Yeah I see your point. I was more showing how little 500kb was with the fact that the documentation alone was more than that. Even stripped down to the xml file and images folder, I'm still at 669kb, and that's after being zipped up. I would have to modify the theme itself and remove some features to fit the 500kb limit, which I don't want to do.
No, I see what you're saying and not trying to argue. Just trying to give you a way around until it's changed Wink. Have you tried a higher compression with .rar or something?
(2013-08-28, 12:40 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]No, I see what you're saying and not trying to argue. Just trying to give you a way around until it's changed Wink. Have you tried a higher compression with .rar or something?

Yeah I appreciate that, thanks Smile If I remember correctly, the file must be .zip, otherwise I would indeed nomally use .rar.

But you're right, it could be a while before this limit is changed, if at all :/