MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alan Crisp Shoutbox Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hate to pester you guys like this, but I'm having some trouble with a plugin I recently installed and was wondering if someone could lend a hand.

For reference, my forum's running MyBB 1.6.8 and the plugin is Shoutbox 2.2 by Alan Crisp. I'm pretty sure it installed correctly and I can get the shoutbox to appear on the main forum index, but in spite of being technically functional it's not working how it's supposed to, nor how I'd like it to.

The link to the full, windowed version of the shoutbox isn't appearing in the navigation links at all. On top of fixing that, I'd also like to make it so the non-windowed shoutbox appears globally at the top of each page if anyone knows a way.

Would anyone be able to lend me a hand with this?
why not use myShoutbox ? anyway, can we have your forum url and test user account
I'm not using myShoutbox because I prefer the look and finetuning of this one. Besides, I recall hearing something about it being a bandwidth hog.

Anyways, details.

Test account details removed due to lack of further necessity.
shoutbox links are not appearing as your forum's theme doesn't has required things for the plugin to modify
the plugin file needs some modification to make it appear on all the pages of forum (however it is not recommended)
Okay. I'll have to contact the person who made the theme. I've got a suspicion I know what got axed in particular, so fixing it oughta be a little easier.

Thanks for your help, .m. I can see your reputation is well-earned.