MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New member moderation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that there is a new member moderation plugin that will set the new member to unmoderated after a predetermined number of accepted posts.

What I can't figure out is how to get new posts moderated and get a message sent to moderators that a new post is pending.

We might want to moderate all posts, at least in the beginning. I'm testing MyBB on a free web hosting site and so far, it looks promising, but this is something that is important to the non-profit group that will be using this forum I'm setting up for free for them.

Here's how we want it to work. When a new member signs up, he will have to go through a captcha and verify an email address. All posts by the new member will be moderated and will not post automatically to the forums. Moderators will be notified of any pending posts.

After the moderators feel comfortable with the new member, they will change the member to unmoderated. Alternatively, they might use the plug-in to set the new member to unmoderated after say 5 or 10 approved posts.

Is this possible with MyBB, and if it is, can someone direct me to the part of the documentation or perhaps the board settings that can enable this to happen?

I've set up phpBB boards before, but never set up anything like this for moderation of all new member posts.

Thanks in advance!!!

Donald
We have plugin to moderate posts by all new members until X posts. That X amount can be set through ACP.

Link: http://mods.mybb.com/view/required-approvals

As for the notice, if there's any new post that needs to be moderated, there will be a notice in ACP, MCP and on top of your index page viewable by Admins and Super Moderators.
(2013-08-28, 10:34 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]As for the notice, if there's any new post that needs to be moderated, there will be a notice in ACP, MCP and on top of your index page viewable by Admins and Super Moderators.

Thanks for the info about the plugin. But can it be set to send you an email notification instead of having to visit the forum every day?
I don't think there's any tutorial or plugin for this at the moment. You can subscribe to forums if you would like but e-mail notification on every unapproved posts - I doubt it.
(2013-08-29, 01:09 AM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there's any tutorial or plugin for this at the moment. You can subscribe to forums if you would like but e-mail notification on every unapproved posts - I doubt it.

Thanks for the quick reply. I might need to use phpBB instead, then. I am testing it out also and I believe it might have that ability.

If it doesn't, then MyBB does seem like an easier to use forum software package and I'll stick with it.
You can request a plugin or hire a developer if you want that very feature.
Arbaz,

I don't know how to request a plugin, but I'm sure I can find out here or someone might point me in the right direction.

As far as hiring a developer, this non-profit is running on a shoestring budget with no grants whatsoever. Hiring a developer is not an option for them.

I will be experimenting with phpBB again since I seem to remember that it does have that option built into the forum software without any plugins required. But if someone knows of an existing plugin for this forum software I might give it a try.

Donald
HuhHuhHuh
(2013-08-29, 12:52 AM)t2000kw Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-28, 10:34 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]As for the notice, if there's any new post that needs to be moderated, there will be a notice in ACP, MCP and on top of your index page viewable by Admins and Super Moderators.

Thanks for the info about the plugin. But can it be set to send you an email notification instead of having to visit the forum every day?

Why wouldn't you visit it every day if it is your forum? Other than if you are going out of town for a weekend, you really should check your forum / website multiple times each day.
@ t2000kw, see Admin notice plugin
@ pablo990, would you like to elaborate what you were trying to convey