MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Optimize mysql quaries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My host says :-
We have detected that your account executed a slow MySQL query.
Username: u458619806
MySQL Database: u458619806_n
MySQL User: u458619806_u
MySQL Query: SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache
Slow MySQL queries are not allowed,because you share server resourceswith thousands of other users and your long lasting MySQL queries are slowing down the entire server. Please optimize your mysql quaries

how to optimize ?
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/u...plain.html

But solution for you maybe: get rid of free host.
Is it same to do that form MyBB Admin CP ?
Tools N Maintenance - Optimize database
If you're sharing a single server with thousands of other users and a simple SELECT query is slowing down the entire server, your host clearly doesn't know what they're doing.
Optimizing database and optimizing queries are different things.
If you are hosted for free; switch to paid, if its paid switch to another.
Is there any short easy tutorial for optimizing queries above are very hard.
and can i to know on which host this community is hosted on.
Quote:Is there any short easy tutorial for optimizing queries above are very hard.

There's nothing wrong with the query -- your webhost is putting thousands of clients on a single server. Imagine putting thousands of people in your local super market. No matter how much shopping they have, there will be a slow down because of how many other people there are.

Quote:and can i to know on which host this community is hosted on.

We run on multiple dedicated servers.
(2013-08-28, 07:31 AM)POP Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any short easy tutorial for optimizing queries above are very hard.
and can i to know on which host this community is hosted on.

as stated if you are using a free host and they have shared the hosting between many users the server may not cope with simple database queries as many others are doing the same thing at the same time. Perhaps buy some webspace & install mybb or find someone with a VPS to host your site and do the same ... this is not a mybb fault