MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb IP issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am using the latest version of Mybb in my forums , but i have an issue with it , when members have the same IP address the Mybb system will confusing among them, i mean the user name will change without anything , and they can see each others Private Message, ....etc.

here are some figures of that problem.

[Image: 1.PNG]

after a Refresh, My username changed to another one.

[Image: 2.PNG]

and
[Image: 3.PNG]

i have a dedicate server when i use this command in SSH i saw this output.
netstat -ntu | awk '{print $5}' | cut -d: -f1 | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

[Image: 4.PNG]

the connection numbers that show more than one users are using the same IP address... it's not only my forums problem some other forums have the same problem.

so how can i resolve it ?

Thanks in advance.
are you using cloudflare ? navigate to below location and try turning on scrutinizing IP address
admin panel >> configuration >> (settings) >> Server and Optimization Options --> Scrutinize User's IP address?
--> select yes & save settings
(2013-08-28, 09:46 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]are you using cloudflare ? navigate to below location and try turning on scrutinizing IP address
admin panel >> configuration >> (settings) >> Server and Optimization Options --> Scrutinize User's IP address?
--> select yes & save settings

Now i am not using cloudflare.

i did this a while ago , but it wasn't help me ......

thanks
The command which you enter in the SSH shows concurrent connections being made from single IP address. It does not mean multiple users are having that IP. It just means that X number of connections are being originated from a single IP address. For example if 5-6 images/resources or tabs are opened (for your site) by your forum member or anyone who is visiting your site is making those number of connections currently to your server.

There's nothing to worry about. However, for your former problem, I can't speak.