MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts Dropdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I was wondering if someone had any code, or knew how to create some type of dropdown for myalerts.
This is what it shows as now, and I obviously want it to look better.
http://i.imgur.com/Mls3CcI.png
As far as I know, myalerts already has a dropdown. Can you elaborate your issue?
Look at the screenshot.
It still does not give me a clear understanding of what you are trying to accomplish. Firstly, I don't see anything related to myalerts on your forum. Secondly, you are trying to make it "Better" however I don't see the myalerts or it's dropdown in the provided screenshot.
My point exactly.
Its very hard to see, just to the right of the first link.
That little line, underscore. That's where it shows alerts.
Then change the CSS styling. Set a new colour or whatever you want to do. You can do so in alerts.css.
Yup edit the CSS. The default colors of MyAlerts dont work with all themes.

Also incase you do not see the drop-down box, ie it hides behind your panel, in the same alerts.css search for something called z-index and set it to a high value like 9999 or something.

I use myalerts after editing it and it works very good. Also make sure your alert pruning task is working else you will end up in a mess.

Mine was not working when I installed it so grabbed a copy from Euan GitHub.
I have the same theme, and the same problem I will just wait till I get a new theme.
Well I'd like to have mine fixed, meh.