MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation issues regarding a subdomain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I am attempting to install MyBB to a subdomain of mine. It has its own user and database.

The reason I want to use a subdomain is because my main website will be using Wordpress and I want to have both the Wordpress blog and the forum hosted on the same domain.

My host is dreamhost and I've been using Filezilla for my FTP. I uploaded the files to the server for my subdomain and followed the steps outlined here. I have followed the steps to the letter and when I attempt to install I get a page that says:

Quote:Not Found

The requested URL /install/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I honestly have no idea why it isn't working and I would appreciate any insight that could be given.
I would start by looking at the configuration of your subdomain, my guess would be that you've not allowed access to the location of the MyBB files/folders.

Hard to be more specific with the limited amount of information you've shared.
Hmm, unfortunately I'm new to a lot of this so I'm not sure what additional information to share.
^ give your site URL and the folder name where you are trying to install MyBB
Alright, the site is www.upisjump.com

I am trying to install it into the root folder of www.lounge.upisjump.com, so the installation should be done at www.lounge.upisjump.com/install/
(2013-08-29, 10:13 PM)Kohakuchan Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, the site is www.upisjump.com

I am trying to install it into the root folder of www.lounge.upisjump.com, so the installation should be done at www.lounge.upisjump.com/install/

http://lounge.upisjump.com/

^ Is probably the working URL, I'm not familiar with Dreamhost, but I would guess that you'll either have to edit a htaccess file to allow permission to the MyBB folder for installation, or perhaps the webpanel has the ability to enable that.

Your issue is most certainly still with the configuration on your host, looks like you are close but still have something left to configure to get things fully working. I'm sure you can do a little research and figure it out.
Okay, after doing some experimenting it seems I had to upload the files to the folder lounge.upisjump.com instead of the root directory in order to make things work. It seems like things are all working now though and I managed to install it without any other hiccups.

Thank you for the help!