MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Domain Keywords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are some good keywords for a domain. I know forums is a good keyword, what is your opinion on "board"? What do you guys think are some other good domain keywords?
I like to use "BB" in my forum related projects (I do not manage forum websites, i usually just integrate forums). I would avoid using "i" in the domain names, "e" is more professional and might even save you from trouble in case the well know fruit-phone manufacturer decides to expand in other directions.

As for using "forum" and "board" in the domain, you can do that but make sure that ----forumS is not registered (or even an active site) because you might loose returning visitors. With Google's recent updates the keyword benefit that you would gain is less significant to proper onsite optimization so if you can come up with a shorter/better sounding domain then use that instead.

Domain hacks and pre/suffixes can also help you find a suitable domain, good .com's are getting really hard to find but it is well worth the effort.