MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Created user through Panel not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using version 1.6.9, in the control panel under the administrator account I created a Super Moderator Account. However when trying to log onto said account through the logon in the forums, the user is unable to. There is no error message, it is like the forum does not recognize the account that was created through the Admin Panel. Is this a bug? Is there some other hidden option/button that needs to be checked? Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.
I do not remember seeing such a bug - there are no hidden options to set.
have you checked the login yourself ? have you turned off user friendly redirect pages ?
(2013-08-29, 04:34 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]I do not remember seeing such a bug - there are no hidden options to set.
have you checked the login yourself ? have you turned off user friendly redirect pages ?

Yes, I have tried to log on as the desired account. I have seen the same behavior as the user described where the forum does not seem to recognize the user/id or password even tho they have been set through the Admin Panel. Even changing User/ID and password through the Panel under the Administrator account does not seem to resolve the issue.

Not sure on the User Friendly Redirect. I will look for this option, wherever it is located, and try to log on again.

This is odd (and frustrating) as the Admin Panel should be able to create user accounts that should be able to be used by users without having to register through the forum.

(2013-08-29, 04:41 PM)ddufour Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-08-29, 04:34 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]I do not remember seeing such a bug - there are no hidden options to set.

Yes, I have tried to log on as the desired account. I have seen the same behavior as the user described where the forum does not seem to recognize the user/id or password even tho they have been set through the Admin Panel. Even changing User/ID and password through the Panel under the Administrator account does not seem to resolve the issue.

Not sure on the User Friendly Redirect. I will look for this option, wherever it is located, and try to log on again.

This is odd (and frustrating) as the Admin Panel should be able to create user accounts that should be able to be used by users without having to register through the forum.

I found a User Friendly Redirect under the "Other Options" for the user account. I unchecked the box and attempted to log on, same thing occurs. User cannot log into the forum through the portal, no error is displayed as if the account does not exist or some other unknown issue is occurring.

I think the issue is with Chrome as I tried to log on using Firefox and IE 9 and it accepted the log on for both browsers. Confirmed the user was also using Chrome Version 29.0.1547.62 m.

Thanks for the quick replies on this issue and I hope this information helps future users resolve similar problems.