MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: API support for account creation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in the process of updating a LDAP integration mod from 2011 and one of the things the author left out was provisioning a new account on MyBB when the LDAP authentication clears and a local account doesn't exist. Does anyone know what APIs to use and what sequence to use them in, in order to create a new user account programatically? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(2013-08-29, 04:44 PM)jkurrle Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the process of updating a LDAP integration mod from 2011 and one of the things the author left out was provisioning a new account on MyBB when the LDAP authentication clears and a local account doesn't exist. Does anyone know what APIs to use and what sequence to use them in, in order to create a new user account programatically? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried copying some of the code from member.php, but after creating the user array, the user['options'] array, doing $userhandler->set_data($user), and $userhandler->validate_user, when I try to do $userhandler->insert_user, I get the following message: "The user is not valid";

Anyone have any experience with this?