MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when prune/delete users post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got alot of spammer registrations on my forum the last 2 weeks. I been deleting the threads with the forum option until I found the Prune/delete users post on the Admins CP.

I checked the boxes for all the spammers and then choose Prune/delete but I got an error.

I can't remember what the error was or what it said. I was in a bit of a hurry so I just left the window open. But unfortunately my session had expired when I came home and when logging in again I could see that the post had actually been deleted.

However... When browsing my forum I can still see this.

Quote:Threads: 1,018
Even tho there are no posts in this specific child forum. I can also browse through pages 1-51 and there isn't a single post on any of the pages.

I can also see the latest thread created even tho it is deleted.
Quote:R*m*se Ple*al Ove*s*as A ...
Today 11:23 AM
by Re*kamab*ib

How do I fix this?
Without knowing what was the error it's kind of hard to assist you. Can you provide a link to your forum and a test account?

Also, are you tasks running in task manager?
(2013-08-29, 09:21 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Without knowing what was the error it's kind of hard to assist you. Can you provide a link to your forum and a test account?

Also, are you tasks running in task manager?

Here is a link to the forum http://www.forum.ferox-gaming.net/index.php

Test account
Name: MyBBUser
Pw: MyBBUserpass123

What tasks should I be looking at? I'm completely new to this.
In ACP -> Tools & Maintenance run all Recounts & Rebuilds and rebuild all cache in Cache Manager.
(2013-08-29, 10:22 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]In ACP -> Tools & Maintenance run all Recounts & Rebuilds and rebuild all cache in Cache Manager.

That did the trick. Thanks!
Was just going to suggest a recount.

OP you need an anti-spam captcha, problem is the usual captcha's are garbage.

Yaldaram has some good plugins and if Vernier is about still give him a nod about the checkbox captcha. This is all you will ever need to curb those spamrats.