MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Plugin htaccess issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am having a single issue with the htaccess file when trying to configure Google SEO on my forums.

You can check out the error message here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66580488/mybb.PNG

I am very certain this is in the htaccess file as i have updated it 15 times.

Any other thing i am missing here?
add that given content to .htaccess file (not htaccess.txt file)
thanks for your reply.

Yes i changed the htaccess.txt file in root folder (public_html) to htaccess and added that content. Still wont work
it starts with a . and it must be in the same folder as the forum (showthread.php forumdisplay.php etc.)
htaccess.txt file in the root folder is for the internal SEF URLs. it is a different system of URL rewrites.
make a new .htaccess file for the Google SEO plugin and add the suggested content (given at the plugins page)
Sorry guys i am still not exactly sure what you mean.

I only have 1 htacess.txt file which i renamed to htacess. This file is located in my root folder of the website.

Where is the Google htaccess file being created ?
^ Google SEO plugin doesn't create the .htaccess file - it has sample file with the plugin package.
the plugin clearly (cleverly) suggests required code for the .htaccess file. ignore the htaccess.txt
file you have in the forum's main folder and make a new text file htaccess2.txt, add the suggested
code
from the plugins page, upload it to forum's main folder and finally rename it as .htaccess
thanks for your reply.

I am sure i have done that. I have PM'ed you my htaccess file. Would appreciate if you can have a look at it and let me know if anything is wrong.