MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Import Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to figure out how to export an entire members profile from my forum, I don't want it to be removed from the database I just want a copy of the user. I would like all posts, threads, pms, and profile information.
To find the best way what exactly are your intensions? Are you trying to merge 2 forums? Or are you doing this for a specific user only?

If you are merging 2 MyBB forums together you can use the merge system:
http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system

If it is for one specific user I imagine this would be a hassle and probably better to have a module written for it than doing it manually (In phpmyadmin for example).
Kind of off topic but Jimmy, yesterday I saw you were reading a tutorial on importing a specific user to another forum. I don't remember the link to the tutorial but I found it helpful, why don't you try that tutorial? (I noticed when I was on the Who's Online page)
(2013-08-31, 11:48 PM)Arbaz Wrote: [ -> ]Kind of off topic but Jimmy, yesterday I saw you were reading a tutorial on importing a specific user to another forum. I don't remember the link to the tutorial but I found it helpful, why don't you try that tutorial? (I noticed when I was on the Who's Online page)

I don't remember. Where?

Also, I want to do this for a single user. Not doing any merge.
I know how to export user profiles. But, what about posts?
(2013-09-01, 11:29 AM)Jimmy M. Wrote: [ -> ]I know how to export user profiles. But, what about posts?

Which is why I think a custom mod to do this would be 100x easier, you would need to find the users posts in phpmyadmin if manually exporting I believe (in the mix of every other users posts).
Still need this done. Any help?
In which format do you want to export everything? What do you have to do with this data?
can't we follow the same method to get the user posts & export them