MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What files should i upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm upgrading from 1.1.2 to 1.2.2 and i'm wondering what files should i upgrade. In the upgrade help it says upload all the new files including the install folder. Does that mean upload everything like you did when first installing myBB?
Well, going from the 1.1.x to 1.2.x is a HUGE upgrade!  You need to upload ALL FOLDERS AND FILES (except for settings.php and config.php)!  Just make sure you back up the files on your server and do a database backup, just in case there is a mess up with the ugrade!  Good luck!!!  Big Grin
you frist need to do a back of all your forum files from your ftp and a data back from the SQL or ACP. Then you need to take out the settings.php and config.php (your images folder if you want to keep skins and avters ect) by copy and pasting them( from the copy you got from your ftp.then downlaod mybb 1.2.2 from the mybb homepage then unzip then files and the files you took out you ftp back to the unzip files when all the files are upload back you your ftp run the update.php then you should be all done

if you need any more help let me now

Tazfan