MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How robust is MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all..

Blush I'm not sure if this is an appropriate question to ask here but here goes...

I want to set up a forum for a small society (< 100 members) and am thinking of using MyBB. I installed a test system (v1.6) and have added a few forums. All looks good except that I have had two problems (both fixed - the info here is great and the support looks good.)

The first was that the admin account got downgraded to moderator when I was trying to change the email address. The second was that emails were going out without text (looked like a corrupted British English language pack, I swapped to US English and it's OK).

These could just be teething problems brought on byfinger trouble due my inexperience but I worry that they might be symptomatic of underlying lack of robustness.

Can people reassure me that I'm not likely to be plagued with such problems in a production system?????
Both of those issues seem to be down to human error (I'm not sure how the first occurred but it would require you to select a different usergroup for the user, and the second would be due to using a language pack which hasn't been updated to the most recent version). MyBB is used on forums ranging from a few thousand posts to a few million. The largest MyBB forum had over 30+ million posts and nearly 2 million registered accounts.

MyBB is in constant development and has been around for a decade. It may not be the most robust piece of software but it's fully suitable for anyone to use.