MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Part of a message only visible for registered members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-09-02, 06:45 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-02, 06:36 PM)Traxmix Wrote: [ -> ]I did not really understand, the only thing I do is seen as a text (between two tags, for example) is only visible to registered members.
After I plugins "In Php Templates" & "Template Conditionals."

Go through a plugin or code whatever ..

ok I see but $1 appears to be the wrong definiton
Yes I agree, I think the "$1" creates a bug with the first "$" in my code ..
(2013-09-02, 06:47 PM)Traxmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-02, 06:45 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-02, 06:36 PM)Traxmix Wrote: [ -> ]I did not really understand, the only thing I do is seen as a text (between two tags, for example) is only visible to registered members.
After I plugins "In Php Templates" & "Template Conditionals."

Go through a plugin or code whatever ..

ok I see but $1 appears to be the wrong definiton
Yes I agree, I think the "$1" creates a bug with the first "$" in my code ..

I would guess that the templates conditional plugin does not have access to the $1 variable ... to test this out replace $1 with some text .... if the text displays fine the plugin can not see the mycode variable $1
What should I do? Or through a spoiler?
(2013-09-02, 07:10 PM)Traxmix Wrote: [ -> ]What should I do? Or through a spoiler?
have you replaced $1 with some text & does it work ?
(2013-09-02, 07:14 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-02, 07:10 PM)Traxmix Wrote: [ -> ]What should I do? Or through a spoiler?

No it does not work, this is the first "$" that crashes all. The "$" variable MyBB.
<if !in_array($mybb->usergroup['gid'], array('1')) then>$1</if>
The "$" to "$mybb->usergroup..."
(2013-09-02, 07:20 PM)Traxmix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-02, 07:14 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]

No it does not work, this is the first "$" that crashes all. The "$" variable MyBB.
The "$" to "$mybb->usergroup..."

replace $1 with 'this works' there should just pure text and no $ with in the mycode definition and see if that works
But I am obliged to leave the first "$" because it belongs to the variable MyBB, without it its not working .. And he even makes any buger my code: (
(2013-09-02, 07:36 PM)Traxmix Wrote: [ -> ]But I am obliged to leave the first "$" because it belongs to the variable MyBB, without it its not working .. And he even makes any buger my code: (

you miss the point if the mycode works with pure text and not a variable there is a problem with the templates conditional plugin picking up a variable within a mycode statement
something starting with a $ indicates a variable hence the test to see if text is displayed with in the mycode statement
I understand anything .. I recall that I would like a piece of text is displayed only to a certain group .. So the variable MyBB is essential.
And the following code can not be changed.

without knowing if the plugin is at fault or your mycode statement difficult to answer ... but you could use a spoiler but this may not allow dynamic content
Pages: 1 2 3