MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie Address Keeps Resetting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Cookiepath is set to "/" which is the only thing that works, but my forums are install in "/forums". For some reason, settings.php keeps resetting the cookiepath to "/forums" but I want it to stay at "/". What's wrong? Third time it's done this in two days.
Is it correct in your /inc/config.php ?
(2013-09-02, 07:27 PM)PCunicorn Wrote: [ -> ]My Cookiepath is set to "/" which is the only thing that works, but my forums are install in "/forums". For some reason, settings.php keeps resetting the cookiepath to "/forums" but I want it to stay at "/". What's wrong? Third time it's done this in two days.

have you tried editing the value in the database table prefix_settings and deleting settings.php ?
(2013-09-02, 07:37 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-09-02, 07:27 PM)PCunicorn Wrote: [ -> ]My Cookiepath is set to "/" which is the only thing that works, but my forums are install in "/forums". For some reason, settings.php keeps resetting the cookiepath to "/forums" but I want it to stay at "/". What's wrong? Third time it's done this in two days.

have you tried editing the value in the database table prefix_settings and deleting settings.php ?

I will try deleting settings.php, and how do I edit the table? Oh and I figured out what's going wrong. Every time I log into my account from another browser it does this, and then it messes up every user and browser as it changes the cookie settings. It also only happens when I go into the ACP. So basically, I sign into the ACP on one device it works. Then I try signing into it on another and it messes up the cookies.

Also, my theme won't change from the mobile one on any computer.

(2013-09-02, 07:36 PM)Kroketten Wrote: [ -> ]Is it correct in your /inc/config.php ?

I'm pretty sure you mean settings.php and yes.

Just deleted settings.php, no luck.
After your edit your cookie settings, you need to edit it cookie settings in ACP. The settings.php is a cache of the settings you have in ACP. If you edit the settings.php file and don't make the changes in ACP, it will cache the settings in ACP causing it to reset. You need to first edit the cookie settings in .inc/settings.php then change the cookie settings in ACP (Go to ACP>Configuration>Settings>General Configuration>Cookie Path
Oh, Ok. Thanks, I'm gonna try that Smile